Reply To: Need to know what application is associated with a packet

Home Forums Discussions Support Need to know what application is associated with a packet Reply To: Need to know what application is associated with a packet

Vadim Smirnov
Keymaster

does windpkfilter provides TDI filtering or LSP? I have bought windpkfilter licence for individual. Before buying the source code I want to know is it possible to make such kind of firewall using the same. If no then do you have any other development SDKs or if yes can you please provide me a sample.

Please find Localhost Minitor API on this site, which is based on the TDI filter driver for Windows NT/2000/XP/Server2003. There is a sample LSP code avalable in the MSDN (search for SPI.CPP).

Usually firewalls combine TDI (or LSP) and NDIS level filter in order to provide complete functionality.

As for the DNS request modification then I can’t provide you the sample code. However, there is no great problem to do this, you should intercept DNS requests/replies and modify the replied IP for the URL you would like to redirect or just block the request (in this case browser will fail to detrmine site IP). I think it makes sense for you to read DNS specs.