Reply To: Help with building "ndisrd.sys" from your sources.

Home Forums Discussions Support Help with building "ndisrd.sys" from your sources. Reply To: Help with building "ndisrd.sys" from your sources.

Vadim Smirnov
Keymaster

Вообще говоря, краткие инструкции по сборке заказчик должен был получить вместе с исходниками. Привожу их ниже:

1) For building Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 32 bit drivers you have to use Windows DDK (DDK must be XP or higher but building environment must be 2000, some NDIS structures depends from the environment). Sources file and dbuild.bat (automatic script for building drivers) are provided with the source code.

2) For building Windows 9x/ME you need MS Visual C++ 6.0 and Compuware VToolsD (in the meantime it is available as a part of SoftIce Driver Suite and Driver Studio). It is recommended to use VToolsD (makes building and maintaining driver much easier), however VxD project with a little effort can be configured to build with Windows 9x/ME DDK (it will make building driver process a bit more complex and you will have to use at least one ASM file with VxD skeleton). VxD projects explicitly includes two files from DDK assuming that DDK (you need 9x/ME DDK or cumulative DDK which includes 9x/ME DDK as its part) is installed into the H:NTDDK, if you set up DDK to the different folder you will see failed to include message when trying to build. To fix this change the path to DDK in the vxdhooks.h.

3) For building x64 version of WinpkFilter drivers you need one of the latest Windows DDK (which supports building x64 drivers). Sources file and dbuild.bat (automatic script for building drivers) are provided with the source code. For the automatic installation of NDIS IM driver from the installation program you can use slightly modified (the original version copies only single INF file but IM driver requires copying two INF files) snetcfg sample from XP DDK. It works just fine in combination with the special script (signdrv.bat) which disables driver signing warnings (works with Windows x64, Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003; earlier Windows versions regretfully have bugs in signing policy implementation and script does not work properly for them).

4) NT kernel-mode driver and VxD driver share some portion of source code located in Kernelcommon folder; these are actual filtering/functional routines.